The Crystal Classic Amateur Competition
Click here for the Amateur Sculptor Sign Up form
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2016
Registration: 9:00 am (Photo op tent)
Cost: Competitors do not pay an entry fee. Guests of competitors will need to pay $10 admission.
Sculpting Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Lunch Break: 12:00 – 12:30 PM
Sculpting Time: 12:30 – 2:30 PM
Winners Announced: 4:00 PM
*There are only 20 plots and registration is first come, first served. Competitors must provide their own tools; none will be supplied at the event. Additional suggested items to bring are sun screen, large brimmed hats, drinking water, towel and snacks.
- Turtle Bale – (Family or Friends) – Up to four members per team
- Hatchlings – One or Two Children under 10 years of age (Parents are permitted to coach from the sidelines)
- Loggerheads – One or Two Children 11- 17 years of age
- Leatherbacks – One or Two Adults 18 years of age and older
- Sculptures will be judged by two Master Sculptors directly after competition.
- Contestants will be informed of the winners at 4:00 at the stage
- No unauthorized people allowed in the plot
- No use of power tools
- Sculpture must remain within the boundaries of your plot
- Only the sand in your plot may be used to create your sculpture
- No rowdy or dangerous activities. Safe and courteous practices must be observed at all times.
- No coloring of the sand in any way
- All forms and framework used must be removed before judging
- No additives are allowed in the sand. Event officials will apply an environmentally safe preserver to the sculptures after judging to insure they remain standing through the close of the Crystal Classic
- No umbrellas near the sculptures